What's the role?
The Supply Manager is responsible for identifying, selecting and developing an optimal supplier portfolio for the needs of the project management office in alignment with global Business Units. Furthermore, the role is responsible to procure these products from different suppliers and align the necessary product features with the capabilities of the supply network.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As the Supply Manager for Hilti, you will be responsible for the complete supplier landscape setup within the Middle East, Turkey & Africa (META) region. This is achieved through aligning and deriving specifications for supply services (e.g. cutting, kitting) and procuring such services either within Hilti or with third party vendors. Furthermore, you will be required to procure “catalogue” products from different vendors based on established quality processes to fulfill customer requirements for Project Management Office (PMO) selected projects and negotiate boundary conditions such as timing, cost and technical performance with Hilti suppliers.
In this role, you will communicate with a wide range of regional and global internal stakeholders to understand and evaluate the need for special product solution. You will need to derive technical specifications and the cost of goods sold (COGS) target from your interaction with sales force and other Hilti personnel to ensure proper product selection and price estimates. Furthermore, you will be required to align technical specification and COGS target with the capabilities of suppliers while maintaining prices in the system accordingly.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
Year upon year we are recognised as one of the top 'Great Place to Work' employers, both globally and locally. And when you meet us you'll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter where you’re from.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience using SAP
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in engineering, product development or related technical field including experience as a product developer or supply engineer
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence and interact with stakeholders across a matrix organization
- Strong analytical, conceptual and implementation skills
- 3 years working experience in product development processes and manufacturing including key manufacturing technologies such as: metal roll forming and stamping, welding, bending, and some coating technologies such as hot dip galvanizing
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to organize multiple projects
- To be geographically flexible, with the willingness and ability to travel
Please note, the preselection questions are mandatory and all of them must be answered for us to consider you as a potential candidate. We look forward to receiving your application!